A Message from Genny Tuggey
Evansdale Parent and President of the Evansdale Education Foundation
Dear Parents and Friends of Evansdale:
Perhaps you’ve seen the “PowerUP” flyer that mentions the spring fundraiser, a party at the Vista Room Friday 3/24/2017.
- Wondered…if a band party in the community is your thing?
- Thought…it sounded expensive, or ‘not another fundraiser’?
- Realized… you had a conflict, and couldn’t come anyway?
We wanted to send a note to our families to answer these questions … and explain
Why We Need You to Help us ‘PowerUP’ any way you can:
- STEM & iPads. Our school is inches away from becoming STEM certified, as early as this spring. But certified or not, Evansdale has made miles of progress influencing the way teachers engage students, and the way students approach problems and teamwork, really simulating the way we work productively and better preparing our kids for JOBS. iPads have critical content that help enable the STEM process and we simply do not have enough of them.
- Technology – No one needs to convince you that a screen engages your kids more than a hand-out. And no one needs to remind you that adults don’t work with hand-outs and text books in our real jobs — technology changes and enables the way we work. While there are considerations for screen time limits they are often balanced by tremendous academic advantages to incorporating technology in the classroom responsibly – for example, engaging children of all learning style types, and facilitating participation among kids who do not typically speak up. And we simply do not have enough iPads.
- Large classrooms – Evansdale has been tackling ways to make large class sizes better for each child through Gifted Certification, and Differentiated Learning instruction – which helps teachers meet kids where they are, even though kids are at different levels in the same class. iPads can help continue this momentum, engaging parts of the class at different times, and helping each child make progress at their own level, all trackable to teachers.
- Investment, not an expense. Does it sound expensive? If 150 out of our 450+ families give $100 — we are past goal. I think of it as investment, not an expense, in my kids, our neighborhood school, and community. It is cheaper than a tutor, but perhaps as effective as we influence the way kids are engaged and supported in classrooms. And it is way cheaper than private school, but gives our school the same advantages some private schools have.
- Gratitude, legacy. It’s even a chance to say thank you, and give back. Donors at the $300 level can have customized permanent stickers attached to the new iPads. Kids will turn them over to see who helped the school. You can thank a teacher who especially reached your child; you can celebrate your child/ren. “This iPad was given by the Tuggey family, celebrating Grady, Porter and Emerson and their hard work!”
I may come on a little strong and I’m sorry! But I have seen it pay off in our kids, in the strength of their friendships and performance as they go on to Henderson Middle School. Elementary school can feel long, but it’s such a fast narrow window and opportunity to be there, to participate, to support, to believe.
If you can come March 23rd, be a part of it!!
If you can’t come to the party, donate at any level to show that you believe, too!
In fact, 12 teachers have already responded they are coming – come thank a teacher!
Thanks for all you do for the kids and school!
Please visit this link to donate (all donations enter the raffle) or buy tickets for the event. Hope to see you there!
Evansdale Education Foundation
What is Your Super Power?
Here at Evansdale Magnet Elementary this year, our goal for students is to know every day is an opportunity to use their own super powers to make something positive happen — our attention and efforts have enormous potential when we try hard, take pride in our work, and keep our goals in focus.
One of our goals is to launch our annual Eagle Trek Walk-a-thon — our biggest fundraiser of the year —and achieve a goal of raising $55,000 by October 1. Our 500+ Pre-K to 5th grade students will all actively take part in this effort by pledging to collectively walk hundreds of miles, and competing to collect pledges from family and friends, all of which result in fun fitness while also helping with key investments in the school. When you support Eagle Trek, everyone wins — our students and families, and our community.
Eagle Trek is September 29th!
As you probably know already, Evansdale is one of the most diverse schools in the Lakeside High School feeder school system with a key focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and our growing French Immersion Program. It’s a fact that STEM is becoming a foundation for careers of the future, and fluency in multiple languages is becoming the business acumen of the future. We are proud to be one of the State’s first public immersion schools in French, with students in grades K-3 (so far) spending 50% of the day and subjects in French, and 50% in English. And finally, Evansdale is a Title I school, so investments in Reading Intervention specialists, teacher training, and STEM and Immersion programs have a proven track record of changing the academic success of all students.
Our Fundraiser Kicks Off September 1st!
Please consider giving a tax-deductible gift to your student today. If every student could raise just $110, we would be able to achieve our goal while also helping Evansdale unleash the super power hiding inside your student. An investment in Evansdale is an investment in tomorrow’s leaders: from scientists, pilots, writers and musicians, to artists, athletes and business leaders … all currently populating the hallways of our tremendous school!
Our signature spring fundraiser (Red, Hot & Blue) is back and better than ever!
The Evansdale Education Foundation is excited to present:
Lights, Camera, TAKE ACTION!
An Adults Only Evening
Friday March 4, 2016
7:30 – 11:00 p.m.
Get ready to walk the red carpet at a working movie studio for an amazing night featuring silent and live auction items, food, live music and an open bar!
TICKETS ON SALE NOW! CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE AND VISIT OUR AUCTION WEBSITE
Pricing is $40 per person until 2/19 and then $50 per person until the event (and at the door).
Evansdale families can also return ticket order forms to front office with a check
With less than one week until our Eagles take to the field, the Evansdale Education Foundation is excited to announce that two anonymous donors have challenged our community to meet our fundraising goal with an $8,000 match opportunity through Sunday, September 27th. All money raised this week will be matched by the donors up to $8,000.
Students are continuing to collect donations from friends and family near and far and canvasing the Evansdale neighborhood with a goal of raising $65,000. They’ll celebrate their success with the Eagle Trek walk-a-thon on October 1st where every student will walk or run for at least 30 minutes to show their support and excitement for their neighborhood school.
This is the largest fundraiser of the year that benefits both the Evansdale PTA as well as the Foundation. All the money raised stays in our school thanks to the event’s generous sponsors and supports PTA programs including Accelerated Reader, cultural arts assemblies and field trips, grounds beautification and more. The Foundation works with the school’s leadership to make strategic investments including staff. The largest investment to date is the school’s STEM liaison who was hired for the 2015-2016 school year thanks to our generous donors.
Donations can be made by cash or check to any Evansdale student and are 100% tax deductible. You can also easily donate on line by visiting our Eagle Trek page and looking up the name of the student you want to support.
For the third year in a row, the Evansdale Education Foundation is partnering with the Evansdale PTA for thelargest fundraiser of the year with a goal of $65,000 between now and October 1st.
Every student, from Pre-K to 5th grade, will put their effort and energy on the line in this fundraiser. Individual students and classes will compete to collect pledges from family and friends. Eagle Trek a tremendous benefit to our community students and a core pillar of our schools identity. We invite you to take part in helping our children Dream Big!
Click here to visit our fundraising page– search for a student and DONATE TODAY!
Our largest fundraiser of the year with the Evansdale PTA is happening now!
All donations are 100% tax deductible
Proceeds from the event and sponsor contributions will benefit both the Evansdale PTA and Education Foundation. These organizations invest in teacher training, classroom technology and resources, enrichment materials, and additional staffing not provided by the county. The benefits of these investments are felt by Evansdale students each and every school day.
Perhaps the best part is that we keep more of the money you pledge right here at the school. Kids have done a great job with catalog sales or other items for purchase in previous years and at other schools, but a portion of those proceeds are shared with the managing company. By joining forces, the PTA, the Foundation, and our students are making this happen at our school, and all of the proceeds stay here.
Our theme for the 2015 school year is How Big Can You Dream? Every day is an opportunity to dream big and work hard to make your dreams come true; our attention and efforts have enormous potential when we try hard, take pride in our work, and keep our goals in focus.
Click here to go directly to our fundraising page.
The Evansdale Education Foundation is excited to announce our spring fundraiser: Full STEM Ahead.
Launching today, we are asking our supporters to help us raise $20,000 over the next two months. This campaign will directly support hiring a full-time STEM Coordinator position and bring us one step closer to obtaining certification for our neighborhood school.
This time, we are raising all our money online through a crowdfunding campaign. Why? We want to keep our costs low and ensure as much money as possible stays at Evansdale.
It’s so simple: just click here and choose your donor level. We are encouraging families to consider the level that is the best fit for their family and all donations are tax-deductible. There are great rewards especially for those who donate $75 or $150 since you’ll receive a special invitation to celebrate our a special March 7th donor event. You will not want to miss this! Venue, theme and more will be announced in the days to come but you can secure your spot by donating today.
The campaign is live now until March 6th.
Be social and share! Once you’ve donated, tell your friends and neighbors about why you support STEM at Evansdale by using the social share buttons on the site.
Still have questions? Click here for a full FAQ about this campaign, the history of STEM at Evansdale and more.
Our fundraising platform this spring is Uruut. Click here to donate now!
Begins Wednesday September 24th
Our Evansdale Eagles have done a great job so far but have a way to go to meet our goal of $65,000.
Here’s your chance to make every dollar count, twice!
Starting Wednesday, Sept. 24, an anonymous donor has agreed to match donations up to $10,000! The donor challenge is 5 days (ends 9/29/14) so make it count!
Remember all the ways you can help make this happen:
Set your fundraising goal for your family and review with your students to get them involved. There are some fun prizes including an unlimited pass for Fantastic Friday at the $1,000 level.
Help your Eagle go door-to-door with the offline pledge form (and ribbons) to ask for support for the Walk-A-Thon. Get out there!
Use your online donation page to email to friends, family, neighbors or colleagues that might be interested in supporting our school. Share your photos and donation page on social media to help spread the word even more. Check out this great video and share it.
Remind all your donors that their contributions are tax-deducible and all the money stays at our school (vs. an outside company) thanks to our generous event sponsors.
Remember families who may not have Evansdale students anymore will still want to support their neighborhood school. We’re all in this together!
EAGLE TREK is Thursday, Oct. 2, and all students participate!
This is the largest fundraiser of the year that benefits both the Evansdale Education Foundation as well as the Evansdale PTA.
Thank you for helping us take flight this year.
Mark Your Calendars for October 2nd!
Third Annual Walk-A-Thon Kicks off September 5!
Evansdale Eagles, are you ready to TAKE FLIGHT? It’s time for the biggest fundraiser of the year that benefits both our dynamic PTA and supports the Evansdale Education Foundation. Our goal is $65,000 and with your help we can do it yet again!
On Thursday September 4th, students will participate in a pep-rally and the next day they’ll bring home everything you need to help us make this the best Eagle Trek yet! It’s really simple. Here are a few tips:
– Work as a family to set a fundraising goal. Involve your child in the process, consider your family’s donation and decide who else in your circle of friends, family and colleagues will help support your Eagle with a donation. The kids will love the prizes, and you’ll love knowing your tax-deductible donation stays here at the school!
– Set up a personalized fundraising website for your family (only one page needed per family). Instructions are inside the brochure. Follow the instructions to share your page via e-mail and social networks, and start asking for pledges!
-You’ll receive special ribbons to give to donors for their door or mailbox as a symbol of their Eagle Trek pride and support!
– If you are not fundraising online, you can track pledges on the enclosed sheet. We’ll collect them every week with prizes for the children.
– Participate! We are proud of how many families participated last year. We can easily hit our goal if everyone participates at some level, no matter how small.
–Walk! All students will receive a free t-shirt and walk with their class on October 2. Come help us count laps and cheer on our Eagles!
– September 5: Fundraising goes live
– September 12, 9 and 25: Prize Blitz Days
– October 2: Eagle Trek Walk-A-Thon Event (Rain date 10/3)
THANK YOU TO OUR 2014 EAGLE TREK SPONSORS
Embry Hills Dental
Eric’s Fit lab
Eaton Pediatric Dentistry
Body by Jenn
Henderson Mill Dental
Charles Barber Shop
Billy’s Collision Center
Lee Peterson Photography
We need your help!
Red, Hot & Blue: Havana Nights is just a few weeks away. We can’t make it happen with out your help in setting up the venue and auction items, checking in guests, closing out the silent auction, check-out and more.
Signing up is easy and we’ll walk you through your job. Just click the button below and sign up for a few shifts.
If you have questions please contact Lauren Shankman, Volunteer Coordinator.
Tickets on Sale NOW for our signature event!
FRIDAY, MARCH 21 at COCO CABANA!
Red, Hot & Blue is the foundation’s signature auction event. Held every Spring, this fantastic event combines a live auction featuring an array of gift certificates, art, jewelry, vacation packages, and teacher outings with a great night featuring fabulous food and drinks. Red, Hot & Blue has become an event not to be missed!
TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE!